WHAT IS BUSINESS LITIGATION?
Businesses will occasionally have disputes that they can’t resolve on their own. The disputes may involve other businesses, vendors, customers, their own employees, independent contractors, the government, or others.
WE’LL WALK YOU THROUGH THE PROCESS
In addition to the normal considerations about possible outcomes, costs and settlement approaches, businesses often have other concerns, such as the impact of a lawsuit on the day-to-day operation of the business, how much employee and officer time will have to be devoted to the lawsuit, and if a lawsuit might affect valuable relationships with customers or others. We address these issues at the outset of the dispute so that the client can choose the course that is best for its future success.
MANY ASPECTS OF BUSINESS LITIGATION
We will help you understand the many aspects of business litigation, such as:
- Importance and likely interpretations of contracts
- Potential precedent that can be established (favorable and unfavorable) by litigating
- Cost in productivity to a company in litigating
- Potential effects of litigation on the company’s business and clients
- Insurance ramifications
- Impact of publicity
- Realistic paths to resolution
- Pros and cons of arbitration and mediation
- Ramifications of a public trial (both good and bad)
- Variety of creative resolutions to end the most contentious disputes
If you need a Minnesota business attorney or have any questions, schedule a free call.