Jim Reece comes from a large firm practice, having spent more than 35 years handling national and international cases. In 2014 he joined Reece Law, L.L.C. to practice with his daughter, Wynne.
He has tried and resolved many cases throughout the US, and worked extensively with world-renowned professionals from a variety of fields. Jim understands litigation strategies and dynamics from both the plaintiff and defense sides.
During his career he has helped recover hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients and has defended clients who have been sued for vast sums. However, at Reece Law, he’s able to help clients with their most important legal matters, regardless of their damages.
With his considerable experience, Jim has spoken on a number of litigation topics at seminars and law schools and has been a Special Master in Federal Court.
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
Jim has represented many children as a volunteer attorney at Children’s Law Center of Minnesota and he has assisted many people at the Urban League Legal Aid Clinic. Jim has also represented clients through Volunteer Lawyers Network, and has been a formal and informal mentor to many law school students.
PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION AND INVOLVEMENT
- Qualified Neutral for Mediation and Arbitration
- Law & Politics magazine’s Super Lawyers® — multi-year selection as Super Lawyer for General Litigation
- Volunteer Attorney Award from Children’s Law Center of Minnesota
- Jim has received the top rating, AV, from Martindale-Hubbell
- Business disputes
- Insurance coverage
- Personal injuries from car accidents
- Personal injuries from farm equipment
- Personal injuries from unsafe premises
- Property damage from fires
- Allegations of financial mismanagement
- Allegations of anti-competitive activity
- Injuries attributed to car accidents, recreational vehicles, farm equipment, medical devices, and drugs
- Damages caused by building collapses, explosions and fires
- Damages caused by medical negligence and architectural negligence
- Damages resulting from business disputes
- Insurance coverage for many types of situations
- Law 101
- An Overall Approach to Product Liability (and other Litigation) and Insurance
- Post Investigative Legal Activities — Where Is The Case Going?
- Analyzing an Insurance Problem
- Trial Themes
- Product Liability Issues
- Business Litigation
- Injury Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Business Law
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D. 1975, cum laude
- University of Minnesota, B.A. 1972, magna cum laude
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- State Court: Minnesota
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association