Jim comes from a large firm practice having spent more than 30 years handling cases throughout the United States and abroad.
In 2014 he joined Reece Law, L.L.C. to practice with his daughter.
Jim has represented clients in cases involving business disputes, personal injury, product liability, mass torts, premises liability, construction injuries, insurance coverage, professional liability, financial liability, employment, antitrust and real estate.
Jim has tried and resolved many cases throughout the United States. He has also worked extensively with world-renowned experts from a variety of fields. Jim understands litigation strategies and dynamics from both the plaintiff and defense sides.
During his career Jim has helped recover hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients and he has defended clients who have been sued for vast sums. However, at Reece Law, he is able to help clients with their most important legal matters regardless of their damages.
Jim has spoken on a number of litigation topics at seminars and law schools and has been a Special Master in Federal Court.
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
Jim has represented many children as a volunteer attorney at Children’s Law Center of Minnesota and he has assisted many people at the Urban League Legal Aid Clinic. Jim also represents clients through Volunteer Lawyers Network.
Jim has been a formal and informal mentor to many law school students.
PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION AND INVOLVEMENT
- Qualified Neutral for Mediation and Arbitration
- Law & Politics magazine’s Super Lawyers® – multi-year selection as Super Lawyer for General Litigation
- Volunteer Attorney Award from Children’s Law Center of Minnesota
- Jim has received the top rating, AV, from Martindale-Hubbell
- Insurance coverage for product liability claims
- Personal injuries from car accidents
- Personal injuries from farm equipment
- Personal injuries from unsafe premises
- Property damage from fires set by security guards
- Property damage from electrical fires
- Allegations of financial mismanagement
- Allegations of medical negligence
- Allegations of anti-competitive activity
- Business disputes
- Injuries attributed to car accidents, farm equipment, electrical fires, medical devices, drugs, boilers and construction defects
- Damages caused by building collapses, explosions and fires
- Damages caused by medical negligence and architectural negligence
- Damages resulting from business disputes
- Insurance coverage for products, health problems, construction defects and acts of corporate directors and officers
- Law 101
- An Overall Approach to Product Liability (and other Litigation) and Insurance
- Post Investigative Legal Activities - Where Is The Case Going?
- Analyzing an Insurance Problem
- Trial Themes
- Product Liability Issues
- Civil Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Injury and Product Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D. 1975, cum laude
- University of Minnesota, B.A. 1972, magna cum laude
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- State Court: Minnesota
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association